Release 0.1

Release 0.1 was about editing the Filer project. That project used var for declaring every property. Even the constants were declared using var.



 According to the new updates, const should be used to declare a variable which will not be reassigned later. Hence, if you declare a variable as const and end up reassigning it by mistake your code will throw an error.

Whereas, let is a block scope local variable and can be reassigned easily. For more details about const, let and var click here.

For the release 0.1 I have updated the implementation.js file, now it declares its constants using const. Here is the link to the pull request I made for the above discussed updates.

This was the first time I made a pull request using git hub and it was a bit overwhelming and confusing for me as there were a lot of steps. Hence I have shortened the steps and made a note of it which I can use when I make my second pull request:

1. File an issue for a bug you find. (e.g: link of the issue I created)
2. Create a fork from the original repository.
3. Clone the repository using https/ssh.
4. Create a branch
5. Test your code and fix the bug and test your code again.
6. Save, commit and publish your changes to the branch.
7. Create a pull request for the changes made.

Hopefully, this will make the process easier for the readers as well :)

The one problem I faced while working on release 0.1 was how to commit a change to my already created pull request. In case you have made a pull request and later realize you are missing something then you can follow the following steps to push that code and your commit to your pull request.

1. Make the necessary changes in your branch.
2. git add <file> (Type the following command in your terminal)
3. git commit -m "type in the message for your commit"
4.git push origin issue-698b

This will push the updated code into your pull request for your branch.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Git Commands